Saturday, July 14, 2007

Near Perfect Day ....

Yesterday was a near perfect day!! I just have to share with whoever reads this ...

It was Friday .... which is already one of my fave days no matter what. Tom turned off the alarm when he got up and let me sleep .... I normally get up around 6:30am .... so sleeping until 8:00 was nice.

Caroline showed up to clean our house at 10:00am. I am very glad she is back working again. I told her I was going to go get my nails done in order to get out of her way and she told me about a new nail place near me called "Hawaiian Nail Bar" where they treat you like a Queen and serve you free drinks! Okay ... it was 10:00am ... but it was Friday ... so I thought I would give it a try!

The Hawaiian Nail Bar was decorated like a beachside tiki hut and it smelled wonderful!! I smelled peppermint and pina colada as I walked through the door. The pedicure chairs were REALLY comfortable with some really good massage functions and the footbath was filled with slices of grapefruit and some sort of salts and felt wonderful. There was a menu of foot and hand treatments to choose from like: Peppermint Day Dream Pedi, Anti-Stress Foot Treatment, Rose Petal Pedi, Hawaiian Lime Pie Pedi, Green Tea Therapy Pedi, Fresh Cucumber Pedi, Chocolate Mint Pedi .... etc!!

I chose the Peppermint one .... I wish I had a camera with me to take a picture of the tray he brought ((and he had already brought me a glass of red wine .... they didn't have champagne)). The tray was filled with all kinds of pretty blues in the forms of saltscrubs and creams. I took a pic with my phone ... but not sure how to get it from my phone to here ...

I had a book with me ... "The Sunday Philosophy Club" by Alexander McCall Smith ... so I settled into reading while the young man went to work on my feet and calves .... The whole experience with salt-scrubs and leg-masques wrapped with warm towels ... and 15 minutes of reflexology massage (which could have been done with a firmer hand, in my opinion) ... along with all the toenail treatments .... ending with polish .... the whole experience was wonderful. The salon smelled wonderful and the wine was a fun extra touch .... not necessary, but made the whole experience just a little bit more "decadent".

I also got a manicure ... I am trying to grow out my nails after over 12 years of acrylic nails .... and my real nails are in horrible condition. The manicure experience was also wonderful ... but there were too many layers of polish applied and even though I waited 15 minutes for it to dry ... I ruined the polish by answering my phone, which was in my purse, even before I had left the parking lot. Sigh ... Next time ... just a couple of layers of polish!

I got home at 1:10 .... and accused Caroline of being a horrible influence on me!! LOL ... here I had been reading a book ... sipping wine .... getting leg and foot and arm and hand massages ... while she was cleaning my house .... She just laughed at me!! What a great young lady!!

So ... my house was clean ... I was happy and relaxed ... and at 1:30 friends were coming over for my weekly Friday Afternoon by the Pool gathering. Actually, only one friend showed up ... but it was only in the 80's outside ... and cloudy! We still floated in the pool and talked .... the water was actually warmer than the day!! VERY UNUSUAL for July 13th in Texas!!

THEN it was time to go to BJ's!! Robb and Di and Pami and Chris met us there and a good time was had by all!! "We need more Cowbell" was the theme of the evening. Pami and Chris came back to our house afterwards and we sat out on the deck and drank coffee and chatted. ((The OFF Lanterns were lit, thank goodness, because mosquitoes have been the biggest downside of all the rain and cool weather)). Lexi performed all of her good-dog tricks. The cats love Pami. Chris and Pami are really enjoyable people. They own a Curves in a nice part of Ft. Worth and we talked a lot about how to promote their business better. A nice evening was had by all!

All in all .... it was a wonderful day!!

Just wanted to share ....

No comments: